Because it’s been a while since I last posted, I wanted to do a quick update. I do have a “6 Month Plan” in the works, but as you can tell it’s shaping up to be more like a 3.5 month plan. Although, I have been working on it all of August.
Here’s the overview:
- Social: Continue applying the concepts from Designing Life After College, Brene, etc. to my personal relationships.
- Personal: Learn more through books/videos/blogs. Maintain this blog.
- Career/Education: Pursue opportunities within ecology/environment. Focus long-term goal while exploring realities of work in various fields (non-profit, academia, etc.)
And, here’s what I’ve been up to:
- Social: Coupled with my self-reflection, my interactions have deepened in quality and are more filled with compassion. Of course, always room for more love and empathy!
- Personal: Learning a lot about myself and my interactions still. With the added time at home and around family, continue to uncover the history of my quirks and make commitments as to which behavior to honor and which to abandon. Ordered 2 new books to read.
- Career/Education: Been scouting job sites nearly every day. Ecology jobs often require PhDs, but several B.A./B.S. level position have been posted. Interview tomorrow for one. Two other applications submitted. All within environment/climate change/ecology realm. As a bonus, all three involve education, two involve youth, and two involve project management. More to come!
All in all, I’ve had a healthy dose of friends, family, and free time. I’m feeling energized, and I’m excited to pursue conservation/ecology/environmental work in San Diego.